Hey JSMQG! Looking to jump on the fabric challenge bandwagon? This looks like a fun one and it’s not due (digitally) till September 12, 2017, which means it would be an awesome summer project! You need to create a contemporary style quilt using only the bella solids in the picture above. All colors must be used somewhere on the quilt – this can be either the front or the pack though – any style of piecing, quilting, applique, or embellishment goes. Fat Quarter bundles are available from most of the major online fabric shops – I will see if Pennington is carrying them and update as I find out. Here are the colors you must use and the rules and relevant links:
- Bella Solids Black (9900-99)
- Bella Solids Lead (9900-283)
- Bella Solids Silver (9900-183)
- Bella Solids Yellow (9900-24)
- Bella Solids Graphite (9900-202)
- Bella Solids Summerhouse Lime (9900-173)
- Bella Solids Purple (9900-21)
- Bella Solids Smoke (9900-316)
- Bella Solids Mango (9900-222)
- Bella Solids Amelia Blue (9900-167)
- Bella Solids Betty’s Red (9900-123)
- Bella Solids White Bleached (9900-98)
- Any type of piecing, quilting, embroidery can be used.
- Quilts must measure 72″ x 90″
- Quilts must be an original design.
- Quilts must be quilted! No quilt tops will be accepted.
- Quilt must be labelled with the creator’s name, city and contact info.
- The 3 winning quilts will become property of Moda Fabrics.
- No limit to the number of entries, and International entries are accepted too!
Update as of 02/08/2017
As per Moda, all 12 colours must be used, but they don’t all have to be on the front of the quilt!That’s great news to hear, as it should open up the possibilities a bit 🙂
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,000
Moda will be contacting the winners on October 20th! The winning quilts will be on display at the Moda booth during Fall Quilt Market 2017!
How can I apply?
Head over to the Moda blog for full contest rules and details, as well as the application by clicking here.