May 2017 Minutes

Call to Order

Secretary’s Minutes for previous month – approved and posted to website. 

Treasurer’s Report:  per Diane we now have $610 in our account. We earned $211.30 and spent $75.00.

Standing Committee Reports:

Charity Chairman Eileen D: Eileen reports that the Friends of Advocacy Center earned $350.00 raffling our donated Quilt Con Charity Quilt. We received a nice thank you letter. Michelle brought donated quilts made by her friends for Valerie Center

Fund Raising Chairman (temp Brandy 😎 Mini quilts will be sold one by one starting at $25. Diane will send pics front and back and close up for Shannon to post for auction on Instagram. We will try one first to see how it is received.

MQG Chairman Diane C: The Modern Monthly was forwarded by Diane. They are including Blocks of the Month as well as Quilt of the Month. The newsletter includes webinar information. May 21 is scheduled as MQG Sew Day. They have announced the instructions for the next QuiltCon Charity Quilt. Diane cannot be the representative for our guild but it was decided that we will participate. The theme is Modern Traditionalism. We need to be more organized this time and vote on a committee to make a plan. We should sew it together at meetings or sew ins. We need to put time in to really design something. Deadline to sign up is 9/30. We will do it and discuss next month how to proceed.

Programs Chairman Deb H. Kat needs information about half square triangle program.

Sew Ins Chairman Brandy B. 5 were at May sew in. Next one is 6/10

Social Networking Chairman Shannon S: Instagram networking is going well. Shannon asked that we remember to post hashtag to group. It’s like a search term. If you don’t know how to post, email images with relevent info to Shannon and she will post for you. Sherre told Shannon she can repost whatever she hashtags. We must hashtag. @JSMQG calls attention to something.

Old Business: None at this time

New Business: Next month will be our June pool party at Sherre’s! Bring ugly fabric for auction. Michelle will organize the auction. Bring money and fabric you think is “ugly.” Write yardage on what you bring. Anything goes. Bring a covered dish. An email will be sent to sign up. Reply to all so we know who is coming and what to bring. There will be no 50/50 or raffle at party. We received three donations of fabric this month. Marcus fabrics donation received by Michelle. Others received from Irene Tsakiras and Doreen Vaccaro. What we don’t want Sherre will take to Molly Pitcher Group.

Quilt Project Sharing: Each person did the following: Hung quilt for display and photo, described fabric/techniques used, inspiration, and answered questions.

Monthly Program: Brandy presented regarding half square triangle layouts, pressing, squaring, starching and borders

Meeting adjourned at 9 pm

Members Present: Eileen D, Bonnie B, Debbie L, Patti S, Sherre M, Laura T, Jen S, Kat Q, Diane C, Shannon S, Brandy B, and Michelle L. Guest: Arlene Beck